“Great Service. The electrician came on time. He fixed and replaced everything I asked for correctly and quickly without any mess. The price was reasonable and well worth the service and quality provided. I will be recommending Steven Murphy and will use them again. Thanks lads.”
Do security lights work?
Installing security lights on the outside of your home is an excellent way to increase the safety of your home, due to the proven effect they have on deterring crime. Nothing increases the feeling of safety like light. Security lights can be activated by infrared sensors, which activate when movement happens in their range. Not only do they alert you to new movement in the area, they also allow you to see if anyone is lurking in the shadows nearby. To prevent security lights from activating every time your neighbour passes by or an animal wanders past the field of activation can be adjusted by a trained professional, which is why an expert should install your security lights.
What causes electric shocks?
Electric shocks occur when a flow of electricity goes through a body. They can be caused by pool insulated wires or electrical equipment which hasn’t been grounded properly. Using electrical equipment while in contact with water can also cause an electric shock. The strength of the current and the length of the shock determine how damaging the shock is. Shocks can range from small, startling sensations to muscle spasms, paralysis, unconsciousness and death. The range of injury caused by electric shocks is extreme. A burn mark is usually found where the current entered and left the body. A lot of these can happen in the home from poor lighting installation and other cheap or DIY electrical jobs. The human body is a good conductor of electricity, so wearing dry, insulated gloves and footwear goes some way in protecting the wearer from electrical burns. Wood and rubber are also excellent sources of insulation.
Why do I need a licensed electrician?
We’ve all seen the jumble of wires that run along the inside of walls and behind skirting boards. Would you really trust yourself to jump in and start patching, cutting and removing wires? Reading an Internet guide on how to keep the green wire separate from the yellow wire doesn’t make you an expert. Incorrect wiring done by an unlicensed and uninsured person can void your insurance, so when the inevitable electrical fire happens you’ll find yourself with huge repair bills. That’s why only trained and experienced electricians should perform electrical work. Paying for a licensed electrician ultimately saves you time, effort and money, and ensures you and your house are safe. Quality work lasts and gives you the peace of mind that a professional job has been done.
How can I prevent an electrical fire?
Most electrical fires take place during the holiday season. Extra heat and light and overloaded extension plugs can blow, which leads to fire. Make sure that electrical sockets aren’t overloaded and don’t run too many energy intensive appliances from a single socket. Make sure that all cords and plugs on appliances and equipment are checked regularly. If they’re frayed or worn out then they’ve got the potential to cause a problem. Faulty wiring is a major cause of home electrical fires. Some ways of keeping electrical fires at bay are common sense; don’t force two pronged plugs into a three pronged socket, or vice versa, without an adaptor. The wrong voltage running through a piece of equipment could be disastrous. Bulbs, fuses, plugs and sockets, which frequently short circuit, are a sign that an electrical circuit is overloaded. It’s essential that an electrician look at faulty wiring immediately. Keeping wires in sight and not buried beneath rugs or carpets will also help you keep track of whether things are faulty or not.
How do you put out an electrical fire?
Depending on how bad the fire is initially, go to where your circuit breakers are housed and turn off the sections giving power to the affected area. The safest course of action is to disable power to the entire house, just in case the fire spreads. Much like with an oil fire, don’t use water to put it out. This will only make it worse. Use a special class C fire extinguisher, which is designed especially for situations like this. Use the extinguisher to put out any sparks that are showing on the malfunctioning appliance or unit. Remember, returning to the scene of the fire is only a valid option if you are confident that it’s not yet out of hand and won’t pose a risk to your safety.