How can I prevent an electrical fire?

How can I prevent an electrical fire?

Most electrical fires take place during the holiday season. Extra heat and light and overloaded extension plugs can blow, which leads to fire. Make sure that electrical sockets aren’t overloaded and don’t run too many energy intensive appliances from a single socket. Make sure that all cords and plugs on appliances and equipment are checked regularly. If they’re frayed or worn out then they’ve got the potential to cause a problem. Faulty wiring is a major cause of home electrical fires. Some ways of keeping electrical fires at bay are common sense; don’t force two pronged plugs into a three pronged socket, or vice versa, without an adaptor. The wrong voltage running through a piece of equipment could be disastrous. Bulbs, fuses, plugs and sockets, which frequently short circuit, are a sign that an electrical circuit is overloaded. It’s essential that an electrician look at faulty wiring immediately. Keeping wires in sight and not buried beneath rugs or carpets will also help you keep track of whether things are faulty or not.